Green tea is made solely from the leaves of Camellia sinensis that have undergone minimal oxidation during processing. Green tea originates from China and has become associated with many cultures throughout Asia. a person can have 2-3 cups daily. Intake should not be exceeded more than 3 cups everyday.
Green tea is the key to longer and healthier life. The benefits are as follows -
- Cancer- Clinical studies have proven that green tea helps prevent many types of cancers. Researches support that polyphenols found in green tea may actually kill cancer cells and arrests their growth. Breast, colorectal, lung, pancreatic, prostate, skin and stomach cancers have all shown to be positively affected by green tea.
- It also helps in preventing tooth decay.
- Improves the ratio of good and bad cholesterol i.e it decreases LDL and maintains HDL in the body.
- It is also helpful for reducing weight. Green tea helps in boosting the body’s metabolism and polyphenols helps in burning fat.
- Green tea serves as a powerful antioxidant and prevents from free radical damage.
- Also treat the impaired immune function of the body. Makes body resistant to certain infections.
- Polyphenols helps in protecting the heart from oxidative stress, as well as maintain good left ventricular function after ischemic arrest. It also protects the heart by preventing hypertension.
- Improves cognition. Green tea may protect the brain from forming plaque deposits found in alzheimer’s disease and reduce memory loss.
- Green tea consumption may improve glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity in individuals with diabetes.